INNOVATIVE BIOACTIVE GLASS PARTICLES
Synergy has identified an optimal bioactive glass particle with a spherical shape and a bimodal size range that has been shown to significantly improve bone healing. Synergy's BioSphere® particles have been engineered to maximize the bone healing potential of bioactive glass.
NEXT GENERATION BONE GRAFT
BioSphere Putty utilizes Synergy's unique spherical bioactive glass particles and a phospholipid carrier to create a moldable bone graft putty with improved bone formation.
BioSphere® Putty Composition
- Weight: ~80% bioactive glass spheres; ~20% phospholipid carrier
- Volume: 95-100% of the bulk volume consists of bioactive glass spheres (carrier fills up the volume in between particles)
- Bioactive Glass Concentration: ~1.5 g of bioactive glass per cc of Putty
Comparison to Bioactive Glass Bone Graft Sheets
- Sheets are composed of bioactive glass particles that are suspended in a porous scaffold (typically composed of collagen)
- Due to porosity, bone graft sheets have a much lower density (0.25 - 0.40 g/cc) than BioSphere Putty (~1.9g/cc)
- Bioactive glass concentration (grams of bioactive glass per cc of graft) is the accurate way of comparing bioactive glass content.
BioSphere® Putty has the highest bioactive glass content of any bone graft putty or sheet on the market.
10cc of BioSphere putty (1.5g/cc; 80% bioactive glass) contains ~15g of bioactive glass
10cc of a bone graft sheet (0.4 g/cc; 88% bioactive glass) contains ~3.5g of bioactive glass